Broome, Western Australia Climate & Temperature
- Broome, Western Australia, Australia is at 17°56'S, 122°14'E, 9 m (30 ft). See map.
- Broome, Western Australia has a subtropical steppe/ low-latitude semi-arid hot climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: BSh).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Broome, Western Australia is situated in or near the tropical very dry forest biome.
- The average annual temperature is 26.7 degrees Celsius (80 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 9 °C (16.2°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype barely hyperoceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 597.1 mm (23.5 inches) which is equivalent to 597.1 Litres/m² (14.65 Gallons/ft²).
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Broome, Western Australia you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Le Raizet, Guadeloupe where you would find a Tropical wet climate.
Broome, Western Australia Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Broome, Western Australia Climate Graph in Metric Units
Broome, Western Australia Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Broome, Western Australia, Australia Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Tambora, Sumbawa, Indonesia - 1183.8 kms (735.6 miles) NNW
- Port Hedland, Australia - 464.7 kms (288.8 miles) SW
- Marble Bar, Western Australia, Australia - 447.2 kms (277.9 miles) SW
- Onslow, Western Australia, Australia - 851.9 kms (529.4 miles) WSW
- Learmonth, Australia - 974.5 kms (605.5 miles) WSW
- Carnarvon, Western Australia, Australia - 1174.8 kms (730 miles) SW
- Meekatharra, Australia - 1035.8 kms (643.7 miles) SSW
- Wiluna, Western Australia, Australia - 985.3 kms (612.3 miles) SSW
- Kupang, Timor, Indonesia - 877 kms (545 miles) N
- Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia - 1113.3 kms (691.8 miles) ENE
- Wyndham, Western Australia, Australia - 685.1 kms (425.7 miles) ENE
- Daly Waters, Northern Territory, Australia - 1199.2 kms (745.2 miles) E
- Halls Creek, Western Australia, Australia - 574.6 kms (357.1 miles) E
- District 13 (Giles M.O), Australia - 1007 kms (625.8 miles) SE