Broome, Western Australia Climate & Temperature
- Broome, Western Australia, Australia is at 17°56'S, 122°14'E, 9 m (30 ft). See map.
- Broome, Western Australia has a subtropical steppe/ low-latitude semi-arid hot climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: BSh).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Broome, Western Australia is situated in or near the tropical very dry forest biome.
- The annual average temperature is 26.7 degrees Celsius (80 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 9 °C (16.2°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype barely hyperoceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 597.1 mm (23.5 inches) which is equivalent to 597.1 Litres/m² (14.65 Gallons/ft²).
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Broome, Western Australia you would come out nearest to the climate station at Le Raizet, Guadeloupe where you would find a Tropical wet climate.
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Broome, Western Australia, Australia Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Tambora, Sumbawa, Indonesia - 1183.8 kms (735.6 miles) NNW
- Port Hedland, Australia - 464.7 kms (288.8 miles) SW
- Marble Bar, Western Australia, Australia - 447.2 kms (277.9 miles) SW
- Onslow, Western Australia, Australia - 851.9 kms (529.4 miles) WSW
- Learmonth, Australia - 974.5 kms (605.5 miles) WSW
- Carnarvon, Western Australia, Australia - 1174.8 kms (730 miles) SW
- Meekatharra, Australia - 1035.8 kms (643.7 miles) SSW
- Wiluna, Western Australia, Australia - 985.3 kms (612.3 miles) SSW
- Kupang, Timor, Indonesia - 877 kms (545 miles) N
- Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia - 1113.3 kms (691.8 miles) ENE
- Wyndham, Western Australia, Australia - 685.1 kms (425.7 miles) ENE
- Daly Waters, Northern Territory, Australia - 1199.2 kms (745.2 miles) E
- Halls Creek, Western Australia, Australia - 574.6 kms (357.1 miles) E
- District 13 (Giles M.O), Australia - 1007 kms (625.8 miles) SE