Climate of Broome, Western Australia, Australia Average Weather
- Broome, Western Australia, Australia is at 17°56'S, 122°14'E, 9 m (30 ft). See map.
- Broome, Western Australia has a subtropical steppe/ low-latitude semi-arid hot climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: BSh).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Broome, Western Australia is situated in or near the tropical very dry forest biome.
- The annual mean temperature is 26.7 degrees Celsius (80 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 9 °C (16.2°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype barely hyperoceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 597.1 mm (23.5 inches) which is equivalent to 597.1 Litres/m² (14.65 Gallons/ft²).
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Broome, Western Australia you would come out nearest to the climate station at Le Raizet, Guadeloupe where you would find a Tropical wet climate.
The climate table uses colour to represent the data so you can get a good idea about the climate at a glance. The colour also helps when comparing two or more locations that you can switch between in separate tabs in your browser. There are links along the side and top to the various sections where we are adding additional details including in the new discussion section where you can read and add posts about the various aspects!
Climate of Broome, Western Australia, Australia Discussion
We are pleased to announce the release of the new discussion section. Here you will discover a wealth of knowledge about the various aspects of the local climate presented by our international community. We would like to invite you to help get discussion started by visiting those locations you are familiar with. Is there something noteworthy about the climate there that you can enlighten us about? Discussion is subdivided into specific topics such as the months of the year and aspects such as day length and temperature. When you have an idea of something fascinating to share please visit the specific page most fitting and add your post using the simple interface. No registration or third party network login is necessary.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Tambora, Sumbawa, Indonesia - 1183.8 kms (735.6 miles) NNW
- Port Hedland, Australia - 464.7 kms (288.8 miles) SW
- Marble Bar, Western Australia, Australia - 447.2 kms (277.9 miles) SW
- Onslow, Western Australia, Australia - 851.9 kms (529.4 miles) WSW
- Learmonth, Australia - 974.5 kms (605.5 miles) WSW
- Carnarvon, Western Australia, Australia - 1174.8 kms (730 miles) SW
- Meekatharra, Australia - 1035.8 kms (643.7 miles) SSW
- Wiluna, Western Australia, Australia - 985.3 kms (612.3 miles) SSW
- Kupang, Timor, Indonesia - 877 kms (545 miles) N
- Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia - 1113.3 kms (691.8 miles) ENE
- Wyndham, Western Australia, Australia - 685.1 kms (425.7 miles) ENE
- Daly Waters, Northern Territory, Australia - 1199.2 kms (745.2 miles) E
- Halls Creek, Western Australia, Australia - 574.6 kms (357.1 miles) E
- District 13 (Giles M.O), Australia - 1007 kms (625.8 miles) SE